REPORTS TO: (Senior Despatch Coordinator) Operations Manager
PURPOSE OF JOB:
To assist in daily duties of the goods inwards and dispatch part of the business to maintain a smooth and effective department.
To ensure customer and supplier deliveries and processed in a timely manner while upholding the requirements of WKW.
Fork truck Licence
Clean Drivers Licence
• Assist in the process for sub con purchase orders for machining/coating.
• To assist in the packing departments daily duties such as engraving and tagging jobs, packing of box’s and pallets for dispatch, protective wrapping of components, assemblies of kits, laborers duties and picking lists for stock requirements.
• Asses coating requirements and allocate where required in a timely manner to suit sub contact process constraints
• Asses’ job cards for finished stock both for kit and single items requirements, and allocate appropriately and fully prior to completion.
• Asses finish sub production cards, and all incoming purchase orders for further demand and inspection prior to storing for stock.
• Assist in the organization of all jobs to be shipped for the day to be packed and booked out
• Provide assistance where necessary with goods receiving purchase orders internal/external, and complete/ provide the relative documentation
• Sort out carrier requirements at collection point and assist in processing items for daily deliver/collection schedule for WKW’s provided transport.
• Assist is storing of data for document packages for both global digital or manual paper where required.
• Manage stock locations, markings and levels amending where required.
• Carrying out any other tasks assigned by management associated with the role
Job Title –CNC Turning Programmer, Setter, Operator (Fanuc/G-code)
Responsible to – Section Leader (Operations Manager)
Main Role and Objectives
- Achieve the required levels of output
- Achieve the required levels of quality
- Generate CNC machine programmes for less complex component forms
- Set and operate CNC machines
- Optimise machine utilisation and performance
- Ensuring safe working practices
- Receive instructions as appropriate to ensure that the correct work is expedited to the required levels of workmanship
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop and Produce CNC programmes for straight forward types of component for any machine in the section
- Set and operate machines using existing or newly generated programmes
- Assist or instruct other operatives with set ups tooling and cutting details as necessary in order to get the best benefit from programmes
- Record all details of tooling, set-up and any other information that is deemed necessary to enable efficient use of the programme the next time it is used (notes, photos, sketches etc.)
- Working to the sections’ work schedule to ensure it is met.
- Wherever possible, identify and obtain tooling, fixtures and machine programme requirements for jobs in advance of starting the job in order to reduce spindle stop time.
- Report problems with drawings, materials, tooling, machines and equipment to management as soon as possible
- Work towards the standardisation and optimisation of methods and machine programmes.
- Advise management of possible means of improving efficiency within the department and the company as a whole.
- Develop within the section, first off and in process inspection routines in order to reduce waiting time and demands on the inspection department.
- Ensure that measuring equipment in the section is up to date with regards to calibration and take action in the event of equipment being overdue.
- Ensure that routine maintenance (lubrication, cutting fluid, machine cleaning etc) tasks are carried out at the required frequencies.
- Report breakdowns and machine malfunctions immediately
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping within the section as a whole and on individual machines and work areas.
- Wherever possible reduce down time by planning swarf removal, machine cleaning and routine maintenance at times when the machine is not in use. Ensure that labourers are informed in ample time to ensure that the tasks happen when required.
- Assist in developing job cycle times for quotation purposes.
Please apply by contacting us via email, sending your CV to: email@example.com